6-Day Diarrhea - What can I do?

• OhSoBloated
  • OhSoBloated's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago #288 by OhSoBloated
6-Day Diarrhea - What can I do? was created by OhSoBloated
I've had diarrhea since Wednesday and despite eating a pretty bland diet, I am still having problems. I need some direction, can anyone help? I was diagnosed with FM on Thursday, so I know fructose is a problem. Is there a tried and true diet for stopping diarrhea that I can follow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #289 by finadmin
Replied by finadmin on topic 6-Day Diarrhea - What can I do?
Hello and welcome to this forum!

At the moment we are publishing a book about the first weeks after diagnosis of fructose malabsorption. It should be published in a couple of weeks. I think this book would help you a lot!

It is important to stop eating fructose, sugar and sugar alcohols for about 2-4 weeks. This period is called elimination diet and is a very important step in treating fructose malabsorption.
More info also on our website:
www.food-intolerance-network.com/food-in...ose-intolerance.html

best
Michael

• OhSoBloated
  • OhSoBloated's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 months ago #290 by OhSoBloated
Replied by OhSoBloated on topic 6-Day Diarrhea - What can I do?
Thanks, I've been following this elimination diet since yesterday, but my doc said I appear to have an intestinal virus, so eating any kind of protein only further inflamed my gut. So today I've been eating GF saltines, Cheerio's and rice with a tiny amount of veggies. It seems to be helping.

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top