Recent diagnosis need help with diet!

• JAdcox24
  • JAdcox24's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 1 month ago #249 by JAdcox24
Recent diagnosis need help with diet! was created by JAdcox24
I was diagnosed with Fructose malabsorbtion almost 3 months ago. i was following the diet my dietician gave me and yielded NO relief of symptoms so then I had a colonoscopy that of course came back 100% healthy so the fructose is the only source of my symptoms. My problem is I cannot find a list of foods to trust. everything my dietician gave me conflicts with what my actual GI doctor gave me and then another dietician gave me a different list and things such as Corn and flour and beer are ok on some lists but not on others. I am assuming my sensitivity at this point is pretty high and that could change but i am just trying to get through the elimination phase so i cna have some symptom relief. Does anyone have a list that will help me? I am totally prepared to eat boring and bland for a few weeks/months i just want to feel better! my biggest complaint is bloating and constipation. any suggestions would help! thanks!
you can check out my blog where i have talked about this in my recent couple posts
[url=http://]http://jesanewcreationinchrist.blogspot.com/[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #256 by gk22
Replied by gk22 on topic Recent diagnosis need help with diet!
Hello. Please note that I’m not a medically trained person. I’m a fellow sufferer ( FM & Lactose Intolerance). It would have perhaps helped if you had listed your recommended diet foods. Did they also test you for lactose intolerance? Thus far I have been unable to find a dietician in Seattle, Washington who would be an “expert” in dietary management for FM. The following seems a good site for food intolerance issues – I think it is put together by help from the Australian Government:
foodintolerances.org
At this site I found a lot of useful information, including fructose tables. I suggest you look at
foodintolerances.org/downloads/fructose-food-table.aspx

foodintolerances.org/downloads/food-tables.aspx

Also you may find the following articles useful in understanding the issues surrounding dietary management for folks who have fructose mal-absorbance :
- “ Fructose Malabsorption and Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Guidelines for Effective Dietary Management ”
By: SUSAN J. SHEPHERD, M Nut Diet, APD*; PETER R. GIBSON, MD, MB, FRACP

- “ Clinical Ramifications of Malabsorption of Fructose and Other Short-chain Carbohydrates ”
By: Jacqueline S. Barrett, B.Sc. (Biomed) (Hons), MND, Accredited Practicing Dietitian, and Peter R. Gibson,M.D., FRACP, Professor of Medicine and Gastroenterologist, Monash University, Box Hill Hospital, Box Hill, Victoria, Australia.

I was able to use Google to find the above articles in pdf format.

Good luck, and don’t give up.
Gk22
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAdcox24

• JAdcox24
  • JAdcox24's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #257 by JAdcox24
Replied by JAdcox24 on topic Recent diagnosis need help with diet!
Thank you so much. I'll check all that out and also post the recommended foods. I was tested for lactose intolerance and it was negative. Tested me for everything even had a colonoscopy and everything is fine. Just the fructose. I have started eatine a lot more limited lately and finally feeling some relief but not 100% I'd say its about 50% improvement so must beon the right track. I'll check out all that you suggested and post what I have been doing later tonight. Thank youso so so much for your response!

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top