Histamine, milk, wheat, rice intolerance

• DeAnn Stapley
  • DeAnn Stapley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 1 month ago #280 by DeAnn Stapley
Histamine, milk, wheat, rice intolerance was created by DeAnn Stapley
After more than ten years of stomach pain I've finally found out that I have food allergies; histamine, milk, wheat, rice, eggs, nuts. I'm not able to find a doctor or dietition in my area who can help me and I'm having trouble finding anything to eat! I've done some research and had a lot of trial and error, but I need some guidance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #281 by Zeke
Replied by Zeke on topic Histamine, milk, wheat, rice intolerance
Hello! Sorry to hear!

How did you get this diagnosis?

histamine: there is no allergy to histamine. there's a histamine intolerance.
milk, wheat, eggs, nuts: okay, I know those allergies. Did you get your IgE-Tested? PRICK-Test?
rice: Allergy? never heard of that... normally rice is very well tolerated and makes no allergies...

• DeAnn Stapley
  • DeAnn Stapley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 1 month ago #282 by DeAnn Stapley
Replied by DeAnn Stapley on topic Histamine, milk, wheat, rice intolerance
I got the histamine diagnosis through a allergy skin test. So, I guess you would call it a histamine intolerance. The milk, wheat, eggs, nuts and rice allergy diagnosis I received two months ago through a blood test. The dietitions I've talked to have no experience or much knowledge of histamines, neither to the doctors. I've now undergone every test and procedure there is, over the past 10 years, to determine the cause of my stomach pain. I'm still suffering and no closer to a solution. I've tried eliminating the foods mentioned above, but the symptons only get worse.

More
6 years 1 month ago #283 by Zeke
Replied by Zeke on topic Histamine, milk, wheat, rice intolerance
Hi!
Well, a allergy skin test says nothing about a histamine intolerance! The histamine used there is a control to see how you react to the allergens. See also: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_allergy_test

Histamin-Intolerance:
www.food-intolerance-network.com/food-in...min-intolerance.html

Did you get tested for fructose, lactose, sorbitol, ... with a breathtest?
www.food-intolerance-network.com/miscell...atients/h2-test.html

Alergy blood tests (RAST?) are used to secure the diagnosis of the skin test. Blood tests by themselfes are not valid for a 100% diagnosis, they just give a hint... at least that's what my doctor said...

Did you write a food diary? That can help do determine what foods cause your problems!

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top