• Zeke
  • Zeke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 9 months ago #176 by Zeke
Lactase products was created by Zeke
Hi! What are the best lactase products?
Which ones work, which ones don't. And: What brands are cheap?

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• staceyarthur21@hotmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 8 months ago #182 by staceyarthur21@hotmail.com
Replied by staceyarthur21@hotmail.com on topic Lactase products
Hi Michael

I have also pondered on this question over the last year...

The other thing I wondered about was what type to buy as a search on the internet seemed to bring up 2 types of lactase medications - 1 to have with liquid lactose products and one to have with meals containing lactose - which was a bit confusing to me... e.g. what is yoghurt? Liquid or food?

This week I decided that I just have to take the plunge... so I went into an apotheke in Darmstadt yesterday and was advised by the lady there to buy a lactase product that works for both drinks and meals!!

I am sorry to say that I haven't tried the capsules yet but hope to over the weekend.

The brand: LACTRASE
Strength: 3300 (although this product also comes in a higher strength)
Cost: aprox 16 euros for 100 capsules

I will come back here and let you know once I have tried them a few times. I am so looking forward to some hagen das ice cream and a glass of fresh bio milk ;-)

Good luck!

BP

• Zeke
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 8 months ago #183 by Zeke
Replied by Zeke on topic Lactase products
Hi!
Thank's for your answere! I never heard that there's a difference beteween liquids and non-liquids... sounds incorrect to mee, because it's always a lactose molecule that hast to be split by the enzyme...
Anyways, I tried some Lactosolv from Austria and lactrase from germany (yes, me too), both worked fine. I think they are all the same...

best
Michael

• Zeke
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 8 months ago #187 by Zeke
Replied by Zeke on topic Lactase products
at the austrian supermarket "Hofer" you can get 60 capsules of 4000FCC Lactase for 3 euros now! That't worth it!

More
7 years 2 months ago #203 by gk22
Replied by gk22 on topic Lactase products
Good day Zecke.
In the Seattle area of Washington State, as of January 2012, the best price for Lactase Enzyme that I've found is at Costco Wholesale. Presently they sell their own Kirkland brand "Fast Acting Lactase" 9000 FCC caplets (pills) at $14.79 (+ 10% tax) for 180 caplets. Which works out to $0.09 per caplet. One can also buy Lactaid Fast Act (9000FCC), 96 caplets for around $16 from Walgreens & other drugstores. Health stores and some chain stores such as Fred Meyer, also sell lactase caplets, but these are usually 3000 or 3500 FCC caplets and cost far more than the Kirkland brand noted earlier. In my own case I need to ingest a single 9000FCC lactase caplet when I consume about 10 grams of hard cheese - if I don't take any lactase, or if I take half a caplet, I'll soon have symptoms!

George K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zeke

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top