• laxy
  • laxy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #76 by laxy
Gluten free foods USA? was created by laxy
Hello all,

in May I fly to Florida. It's my first time with all my intolerances. Lactose free (dairy free) is not such a problem. fructose free is a bigger problem. But actually I really don't know where I can buy gluten free produts. Specially corn products (I'm allergic to rice).

does someone know where I can buy gluten free products? can I go to wal markt or should I go to a special grocery like wild oats?

thank you so much for your help and sorry for my bad english

best wishes
Laxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #79 by smilinggreenmom
Replied by smilinggreenmom on topic Gluten free foods USA?
Check at whole foods and even many online health foods stores carry it. Our local Krogers does too as it is becoming a high demand food item. Have you tried probiotics? Our son's food intolerances were helped dramatically by taking his probiotic from Vidazorb. Maybe you can ask your doctor about this? Hope it helps!

More
8 years 3 days ago #83 by cathkruck
Replied by cathkruck on topic Gluten free foods USA?
I recommend that you go to Wholefoods, or any health food store. There you can find a variery of gluten free products. Shortly a list will be posted on our website that will indicate where in the U.S. you can purchase gluten free products.

Save travels,

Catherine

• laxy
  • laxy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 2 days ago #84 by laxy
Replied by laxy on topic Gluten free foods USA?
hello,

thank you for your answers.

@smilinggreenmom: yes. I tasted a lot of probiotics. but the most of them have a high histamine level. I had a lot of problems with them. I have my intolerances from my thyroid (I hope you understand it). I have hashimoto. the doctors think that hashimoto is the reason of my intolerances.

I know that in tampa is a wild oats market. they have whole food, or?

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #214 by jlrohler
Replied by jlrohler on topic Gluten free foods USA?

nicole wrote: Hello all,

in May I fly to Florida. It's my first time with all my intolerances. Lactose free (dairy free) is not such a problem. fructose free is a bigger problem. But actually I really don't know where I can buy gluten free produts. Specially corn products (I'm allergic to rice).

does someone know where I can buy gluten free products? can I go to wal markt or should I go to a special grocery like wild oats?

The original post is 11 months old and I believe you might have already made your trip :) I live in Florida and can tell you that many of the local grocery store chains carry a variety of gluten free foods. Publix and Sweetbay do - you can check in their organic foods sections; Alberstons does NOT. I've never visited WinnDixie, so I'm not sure about that one. There's a small business called Chuck's Natural Foods that carries gluten free foods, but honestly - their customer service is very very very lacking!! I don't shop there anymore because they always make the customer feel like they are imposing on their very busy workday. Hope you were able to find some gluten free products.

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by jlrohler.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top