• finadmin
  • finadmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #69 by finadmin
Diagnosis of histamine intolerance was created by finadmin

thumb_blood_test

The most likely way to diagnose histamine intolerance was to take a blood test. But ist it still accurate? The newest info about how to diagnose HIT properly...

Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• piperann_2005@hotmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 1 month ago #70 by piperann_2005@hotmail.com
Replied by piperann_2005@hotmail.com on topic Diagnosis of histamine intolerance
Hello! I was diagnosed in October, but the Doc only used ONE blood test! In the results don't says anything of DAO levels. The results headlined: "Test de liberación de Histamina de 3ª generación" (third generation of histamine liberation test) and gives a percentages for differents foods, like cereals, chicken, milk, potatoes...

Anybody knows if the diagnosis of HIT can be make by differents modes or tests?

Thanks!

Marta. Spanish HIT

More
8 years 1 month ago #71 by Zeke
Replied by Zeke on topic Diagnosis of histamine intolerance
As far as I know, the best way to diagnose HIT is to do 2 blood tests in 14 days. See here:
www.food-intolerance-network.com/index.p...icle&id=24&Itemid=31

Did your doc make an IgG Test? Cause they don't work here...

I don't understand 3rd generation... don't know what that means...

How do you feel? Do ypu have problems with "old/processed" food? Do you feel better since you east histamine-low?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #78 by daisy
Replied by daisy on topic Diagnosis of histamine intolerance
having just read an article in the Daily Mail I suspect I have histamine intolerance. I see from your post that the test was done in Spain. Is there common knowledge of this among Spanish doctors as I live near Barcelona and it would be useful to see someone who actually knows about this rather than explain all my sypmtoms over and over again. Over the lasst two years I have had every test known to man to find out the source of my stomach pains, bloating, wind, allergic itching including ecosounds of stomach and gullet, blood tests and an MRI so am crossing my fingers and hoping that I have finally found the answer! On other sites I have seen DAO capsules mentioned. Does anyone know where I can get these in Spain or in the UK please?

More
7 years 10 months ago #171 by MaXi
Replied by MaXi on topic Diagnosis of histamine intolerance
DAO capsules are available from iherb.com
I got my from iherb, they shipped world wide.
Maxi

More
7 years 10 months ago #172 by Zeke
Replied by Zeke on topic Diagnosis of histamine intolerance
Hello!

You can get the DAO tablets also here:
shop.eat-all.com/base/?___from_store=default

they ship worldwide!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaXi

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top