Why FODMAP

• MrSmith
  • MrSmith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #415 by MrSmith
Why FODMAP was created by MrSmith
I'm suffering from lactose intolerance and now also from fructose malabsorption. Would it help to eat a FODMAP diet?

So my questions are:
1) As I understand it, I would have to avoid gluten as well? Right?

2) At the moment I'm eating lactose free and I try to eat healthy (no sugar, lot of greens, ...). But I assume I have to cut out the fruit and vegetables...

3) Do I have to avoid all FODMAPs or just some?
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by MrSmith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #416 by AllisonT
Replied by AllisonT on topic Why FODMAP
1) No. If you don't react to it, it's not necessary

2) Yes, if you're a fructose malabsorber you have to do a 2-4 week elimination diet and than re-introduce fruit and veggies.

3) Some, why should you avoid more if you don't react ro it? A low FODMAP diet ist only for people suffering from IBS, not for people wirh FM and LI.

More
2 years 4 months ago #419 by karinamara
Replied by karinamara on topic Why FODMAP
Hi! My son was diagnosed with the same. I started a blog about our journey. It's fairly new (so I don't have tons of info yet - I'm getting there) and I would love to share ideas with you. I have some recipes and I started a list of acceptable foods.

But, as mention earlier, it is important to start with the elimination diet and slowly add new foods so your body has a chance to heal. Please reach out - I'm very happy to help!

fructosefreemom.com/

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top