TOFU

• Offa
  • Offa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #374 by Offa
TOFU was created by Offa
Hi - can anyone help with tofu in relation to fructose intolerance after the elimination diet? (I know it's a no-no for histamine issues but I don't have those). Does it matter if the tofu is smoked?

And what about soya yoghurt? Also, has anyone had success in making yoghurt with lactose-free milk? Any hints?

And - another question :unsure: - how long does it take between eating something and getting stomach cramps? I need to know in order to work out what causes the grief - the meal 24 hours ago or 6 hours ago or 2 hours ago?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #375 by MrT
Replied by MrT on topic TOFU

Hi - can anyone help with tofu in relation to fructose intolerance after the elimination diet?

During elimination diet tofu is a no no.

Does it matter if the tofu is smoked?

no, that doesn't matter at all.

And what about soya yoghurt? Also, has anyone had success in making yoghurt with lactose-free milk?

soy: not during the first weeks! I can tolerate it well, but I don't like the taste. With a yoghurt maker you can easily make your own yoghurt out of lactose free milk (not the low fat one!).

And - another question :unsure: - how long does it take between eating something and getting stomach cramps? I need to know in order to work out what causes the grief - the meal 24 hours ago or 6 hours ago or 2 hours ago?

That depends on you, you'll have to find out yourself. In my case it's pretty much 24 hours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top