Fructosin

• Aurora
  • Aurora's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #208 by Aurora
Fructosin was created by Aurora
Someone have tried fructosin? It really works? I saw that it contains xylose isomerase that is the enzime used in high-fructose corn syrup industry...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #231 by elliotdesigns
Replied by elliotdesigns on topic Fructosin
Has anybody heard about this enzyme product? Is it safe, effective, and available in the U.S.?

More
6 years 10 months ago #232 by jlrohler
Replied by jlrohler on topic Fructosin

Aurora wrote: Someone have tried fructosin? It really works? I saw that it contains xylose isomerase that is the enzime used in high-fructose corn syrup industry...

I found this article about the enzyme:
www.livestrong.com/article/475752-fructo...lerance-and-enzymes/

Since I experience problems with additional carbohydrates - not just fructans, this product wouldn't be an option for me.
Jennifer

• Aurora
  • Aurora's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 10 months ago #233 by Aurora
Replied by Aurora on topic Fructosin
I don't know if it's available in USA, but if you want to try, you can buy it here: www.frusano.com/Dietary-supplement/Fruct...sin-10-pcs::128.html

My doubt is that I don't know if it is really efective. I was looking for xylose isomerase enzyme, also called glucose isomerase, and it is the same that is used to make high fructose corn syrup. I look at the reaction and is an equillibrium Frutcose=Glucose. I suppose that the idea is that this equillibrium is desplaced because glucose is absorved, and if there is more fructose than glucose, this enzyme will transform fructose to glucose. But if you have eaten more glucose than fructose, will be usefull this enzyme? will it really transform fructose to glucose in this case? or will it transform glucose to fructose as it does in HFCS?

More
6 years 10 months ago #234 by elliotdesigns
Thank you for the contact. I'll look into it.

More
6 years 10 months ago #235 by elliotdesigns
Thank you for the article! Very interesting and helpful!

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top