Advertising

Anyone done Food sensitivity testing with success?

• mystic
  • mystic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #445 by mystic
Hello, I am thinking of taking both food sensitivity and food allergy tests to see which foods are affecting my Psoriasis. However a person on my Psoriasis discussion forum who is under an allergist's care said:

"The problem is that they can be completely wrong like telling you have IgA anti-bodies for milk or egg. Any food you have eaten will have left anti-bodies in your body. According to my allergist that doesn't mean that is the food that you are having a negative reaction to"

So can you tell me why it would be of benefit to me to take these tests if the above statement is accurate please? Thanks, regards, Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #446 by CharlotteT
I’ve gone to an allergist (MD) and was told the only allergies I had were hay fever. I did some research and did some intolerance testing through The intolerance testing group located in Texas. The testing was done using a hair sample. I was aware of some of my intolerances, which showed up on the testing, but I was also unaware of many more that showed up on the testing. It has really been helpful to identify these food and nonfood intolerances. Here is a link to their site as well as my results, hope this helps :)

allergytest.co/what-you-need-to-know/
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by CharlotteT.

• mystic
  • mystic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #447 by mystic
Hello and thank you very much for sharing and info. Research nowadays is so very conflicting I don't know what to believe. Instead of going the allergy testing route I am contemplating taking a "food sensitivity" test which tests for lgG antibodies for 96 foods in western diets.

The hair testing in your links tests for 300 foods plus 300 non food items so that's even better BUT what I have to decide on is which is the better option as one report I had come across had showed that blood testing is more accurate than hair testing, any thoughts on this please?

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #448 by CharlotteT
It is so confusing with all of the info out there!! I’m really not sure a out one being more accurate than the other. All I know is that I knew something was wrong and my medical doctors were not able to see that from blood work or scratch testing. Like I said, I knew about some of my intolerances l, but not the others. Which to me validated the accuracy of the testing. Perhaps see which method is more affordable to you and start there. I was able to get a discount on the testing by using Groupon, but I’m not sure that if that special is still going on. I will try to attach my results as for me, they were very eye opening and have provided another tool to navigate through this mess lol!! Best of luck to you :)

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #449 by CharlotteT
Here are the letters I received:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mystic

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #450 by CharlotteT
And here are the results:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mystic

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top