• saraszat
  • saraszat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #443 by saraszat
saraszat created the topic: Difficulties figuring out food intolerance
Hi there!
I am looking for insight from anyone that may have insight on what is going on in my body. I have had 6 years of fuzzy head and GI issues (bloating, constipation, nausea, pain, discomfort). I cut out gluten 3 years ago. Then did a IgG mediated food allergy test with a holistic doctor and did a food elimination diet based on those results. So I now avoid dairy and corn on top of gluten. I also started following a low fodmap diet a few months ago due to still not feeling great and when I follow all of these things (gluten free, dairy free, corn free, low fodmap) I feel the best I ever have, although it is very hard to sustain. Also, i still have random spouts of horrible heart burn an d nausea occasionally and cannot pinpoint it. I also am on a PPI for this. I have had a hydrogen breath test in 2015 and it was negative. I also have had multiple EGD's and Colonoscopies that have been unrevealing besides a stomach ulcer which is now healed and some esophagus irritation most recently. I am now scared of eating so many foods because I have had so many days of not feeling right. I have considered getting more strict on the corn restriction or maybe considering nightshade free because I am not sure what to do/if Fodmap is really helping since it isnt all the time. Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks in advanced,
Sara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #444 by Lily
Lily replied the topic: Difficulties figuring out food intolerance
Sounds a lot like my journey. However the ppis are going to make your condition worse. My food intolerances were triggered by not enough stomach acid which is what heart burn really is. Try the gaps intro diet for a week and work your way back up the fodmaps. Get off the ppi's!!!! Start taking digestive enzymes and HCL betaine with every meal. Get on a really good probiotic and start eating fermented veggies. You'll eventually need to probably start taking psyllium husk to feed the probiotics..(see Bristol stool chart). Stay gluten, corn, etc free and check out the Wahl's diet as well. Variety in the diet is something not to be lost. oral tolerance can be increased but some foods you will never go back to...(food as fuel, not fun). If all that doesn't work you may be dealing with mold....see the shoemaker protocol/symptoms. Juicing, a liquid mineral supplement and a Vitamix have been crucial to my healing process. And get off the ppis!!!
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Lily. Reason: Forgot a sentence and typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top