• Kathleen
  • Kathleen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 11 months ago #366 by Kathleen
Histamine and butter was created by Kathleen
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any reactions to butter? The butter I was using regularly was cultured. I figured the histamine content would be very small, but I keep getting itchy eyes and a bit of headache after eating it.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #367 by ZeldaRosella
Replied by ZeldaRosella on topic Histamine and butter
Hi, I just joined and have been doing low-histamine for about a year now. For me, cultured buttered would be a problem because I can't deal with anything aged, fermented or cultured. I find that about once or twice a month I'll have a pat or two of organic, unsalted butter but otherwise I stick to a low-hist oil.

Just for reference, I seem to be able to tolerate some dairy like Farmer's cheese, lactose-free milk, and cheddar however soft cheeses give me the watery eyes, runny nose, flushed skin, like you mentioned. I've benefitted greatly from adopting the low-FODMAP plan too.

HTH?

More
3 years 10 months ago #370 by AlexBuck
Replied by AlexBuck on topic Histamine and butter
Hi Kathleen,

as ZeldaRosella already said for some people it can be a serious problem. I'm sensitive only with histamine and I'm using a dietary supplement called Daosin to deal with it. If I take one pill I can eat everything I want :) So easy!

anything else or some questions?

good luck

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top