Advertising

Histamine Reactions WITHOUT sneezing? Possible?

• MikeS
  • MikeS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #299 by MikeS
MikeS created the topic: Histamine Reactions WITHOUT sneezing? Possible?
Do you think edema, muscle cramping and headaches could be a reaction to histamines, even if I'm not sneezing or having seasonal allergy symptoms?

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #310 by Allotmenteer
Allotmenteer replied the topic: Re: Histamine Reactions WITHOUT sneezing? Possible?
I'd say so; I never had sneezing or rashes. My histamine reaction came in the form of high heart rate, trembling, light-headedness all leading up to episodes of uncontrollable shaking. It's prob caused by the body releasing too much adrenaline, which is what it uses to break down histamine. The immunologist said he had other patients with the same symptoms as me.

• MikeS
  • MikeS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #311 by MikeS
MikeS replied the topic: Re: Histamine Reactions WITHOUT sneezing? Possible?
Thanks for the reply.

Since posting this, I got my 23andme.com DNA test results back. It shows I have a genetic defect called MTHFR which impairs proper conversion of folic acid and b12 into their methylated active form which is required by the body. I've started taking l-methylfolate (instead of folic acid), and methyl-b12 instead of b12.

I don't know if that alone will be the solution.

Interestingly, while researching this, I found that MTHFR can lead to higher histamine levels.

And, I have some other gene defects which appear to be related to excreting too much potassium and retaining too much sodium. So, I'm re-focusing my diet on eating more potassium rich foods and trying to cut the salt way down.

Regards,
Mike

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top