• Metalius
  • Metalius's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 19 hours ago #196 by Metalius
Safe foods list was created by Metalius
Hi,

I read the book "What HIT me?", really interesting and now I am following a low-histamine diet.
I do not know if some foods which I usually eat are safe. Can someone help me?

Fennel bulb - not found in any list, but I love this vegetable.
Zucchini (Courgette-Squash) - on the book they are classified as "debatable", here as safe
Celery - not found in any list
Pumpkin - on the book are safe, here are not listed
Honey - on the book seems to be safe, but not found on this site
Tuna - even fresh, why on this site is considered dangerous?
Ghee (clarified butter) - not found in any list

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #197 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic Safe foods list
Hi Metalius,

There is not much on lists concerning fennel, but I have been able to eat fennel with no problem. I have seen it in several low-histamine recipes as well You need to figure it out. That's what you need to do with all the foods that are not on the list once you're finished with the elimination diet - one by one. Got a dietician on board? Zucchini is debatable because there has been much discussion about it, but it is on many safe lists, but I can only have a certain amount. I have no problem with celery and have seen it on several low-histamine lists. Pumpkin is also considered to be safe by many, and is also classified as preferable on several low-histamine lists.

There are several problems with fish, as it needs to be very fresh to eat. Tuna is no good to many people with HIT, but I have been getting better lately and I have eaten Sushi, and been ok - I know it is really risky though. Tuna is fished in warm regions and then transported for long distances, so the likelihood that it can be high in histamine is high. It is best if you stick with eating fish from your region, and buying it from places that have high standards and are well known for their quality.

The ghee you will also have to try, some people seem to be able to tolerate it quite well, some not. It took me quite a while, but I've got it pretty much worked out for myself now, just kept on trying things when I felt better. I also have fructose malabsorption, so I also have to consider that into my plan. See what I mean?

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Metalius

More
5 years 5 months ago #294 by keshi35
Replied by keshi35 on topic Safe foods list
Hi! I've recently started the low histamine eating plan, but I had a lot of trouble finding a list of safe foods. I've found an app that helps me a lot with this it has a strawberry on the icon, it is called intolerances. This was great use as you can input multiple allergies and it has filters so it only shows the food that you are able to have. I do hope that this helps someone as I personally looked a long time for a non existent list of safe foods.

More
4 years 4 months ago #351 by Nichola1
Replied by Nichola1 on topic Safe foods list
hi I would like to know about this app, could you tell me where to get it ?

I have not been officially diagnosed yet but I am doing brilliantly since going on histamine elimination diet and also lactose and gluten elimination so this app would be perfect. Thanks

More
4 years 4 months ago #355 by Pralinka
Replied by Pralinka on topic Safe foods list
aplikace Histamin, Fructose & Co.
www.baliza.de/apps/histamin.html

More
4 years 3 months ago #357 by AlexBuck
Replied by AlexBuck on topic Safe foods list
The website is only in german :/

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds

login

Register
Remember Me
Forgot username  Forgot password

Advertising

Advertising

Certifications & Quality

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

quality criteria logoThe information provided is created in compliance with a self-imposed quality management procedure

Disclaimer

The information provided on the Food Intolerance Network website is no substitute for a visit to a registered dietician, nutritionist or a doctor. The information that you will find here may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and treatment by a medical professional or approved and registered dieticians. The content of the Food Intolerance Network website may not be used as a basis or means for any form of self-diagnosis.

Go to top